NMDA 2016 requests for livestock scale inspections
NMDA 2016 requests for livestock scale inspections will be accepted through March 31, 2016. These requests can be completed several different ways:
- • via NMDA website, http://www.nmda.nmsu.edu/
- • phone call to 575-646-1616
- • mail: Standards and Consumer Services, MSC 3170, Box 30005, Las Cruces, NM 88003
- • fax: 575-646-2361 .
The initial inspection during our scheduled program will be at NO CHARGE provided the request is received by the March 31, 2016 deadline. However, a fee will be charged based on the current Fees for Weights and Measures Services schedule IF:
- • the request for inspection is received after the March 31 deadline. • you need your scale inspected before the time we have it scheduled. • you request an additional inspection in the same calendar year.
- • re-inspection is requested of a scale previously inspected during 2016 with results as “No Test” because of a dirty beam box/house with excessive rodent nests or droppings.
- • re-inspection is requested of a scale that was previously inspected and rejected during inspection year 2016.
- • you are unable to have scale ready for inspection when inspector is in the area. If you have sold or leased your property, please forward this information to the new owner/operator or have the new owner notify this office.
If you know of anyone with scales that may need to be inspected, please ask them to contact the department for information on our Livestock Scale Inspection Program.
If you have any questions regarding our Livestock Scale Inspection Program, contact Raymond Johnson at (575) 646-1616, email@example.com. 2016 Livestock Scale Inspection Program
Public Service Announcement REQUESTED LIVESTOCK SCALES WILL BE INSPECTED ON A ROUTINE BASIS BETWEEN APRIL 1 AND DECEMBER 31, 2016 IT WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DEVICE OWNER TO REQUEST AN INSPECTION